Wednesday 8 May 2013

stuck on vintage!!!!


Over the past year I have been slowly collecting mis- matched Crown Lynn plates, dessert bowls & side plates. We use them daily & just chuck them thru' the dish washer.


 My favourite so far.....



Onto patchwork............I have been wanting to make a retro flowers quilt for ages now, so I tried to draw up the pattern myself,  but it wasn't looking too good!!!


And then  (thanx to the blogging network!) I found that I could simply order THE pattern!!! 
It arrived yesterday.
This morning was busy with a trip to the zoo with my granddaughter, but once back home I thought I'd give it a go however, it wasn't quite as simple as I had hoped!!  

Read all instructions before beginning... yeah, yeah.......
......You need to cut right & left face pieces, always cut a single layer at a time  (I didn't read this bit initially!!!),  then there was some flipping of the template involved, and then sewing together was a tad tricky too  'cos I had too many of the same directional facing units!!!!!

But I got there in the end,  and I do love the finished block .


- only 39 flowers to go!!!!

No comments: