Friday 29 July 2016

my friday favourites #2

Heaps happening everywhere and I'm excited to share some of it with you!
Here's what caught my eye this week...


... first up, I popped into the village in the middle of a wet & dreary winter's week
and spotted this lovely splash of colour


I'd buy the lot if I could
- but I settled on this pretty little mixed bunch!




... and onto some quilty inspiration
Julie from pinkdoxies has been very prolific lately with her adventures in hand printing & hand dying.

hand dyed, applique & embroidery


fibreart, working with big pieces


Her latest posts are a wonderful account of how she has systematically worked through the processes,
and you can read all about her progress & her thoughts.
Julie has also posted here on how to successfully combine hand dyed and commercial fabrics
- well worth a peep!


pinkdoxiesDeconstructed screen printed with Procion MX dyes.
Embroidered and hand beaded 11" x 29"



... next up, I spotted LeeAnn from niftyquilts latest finish, her 'Housetop' quilt.
I love how LeeAnn has built a quilt around lots of recycled bits & pieces, using tablecloths, an apron,
a vintage linen napkin, a skirt and a dress- so creative and so full of memories!


For close up details of this quilt, & lots more, have a look here



... and finally this week, there's lots & lots of sock knitting happening 'down under'
Meredithe from pomegranateandchintz has been busy stitching up a storm!
Aren't these gorgeous?


Meredithe also has a wonderful range of templates
I recently purchased this set while I was in Melbourne, perfect for a bit of fussy cutting!



oh my, I see someone else has caught the 'sock bug' too
 Jane Brocket has made a sweet pair of socks
gosh, they do coordinate beautifully with that Kaffe floral - follow the link for a little look!


What are you loving this week?

{all other quilter's photos printed with permission}



9 comments:

Raewyn said...

Yum - a feast for my early morning eyes :-) So much to see and ejoy in blogland! Have a great day!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Happy flowery Friday! I love LeeAnns house top quilt! And Meredithe's socks are so candy sweet.

Mystic Quilter said...

I second Raewyn, this post is a feast for the eyes. The wonderful cut flowers make me long for Spring!

Nifty Quilts said...

Wow! What fun to see my quilt among these wonderful creations! I'll look into each link. Thank you for including my quilt. You've made my day!

gayle said...

So many pretties!
I was just eyeing that Hexagon Party pattern/set at your link. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Preeti said...

Thank you for this lovely dose of colorful inspiration. This is a terrific start to my weekend!
Hugs,
Preeti.

pandchintz said...

Loving these Friday posts, Linda (especially cos I'm in this one - thank you!). That first pic of the flowers is stunning. And there's some wonderful work happening. Off to check out Jane's socks.......

Linda said...

Love your Friday post - full of colour and inspiration. I think our two minds think alike ( perhaps something to do with sharing the same name?!) but I had already drooled over LeeAnn's Housetop quilt and Meredithe's gorgeous socks a few days ago. Love both of their blogs, again I think it's because, like you, they work with lovely bright colours. And I have a Jane Brocket book!

Kaja said...

We have similar tastes this week - LeeAnn's quilt and Julie's experiments had already caught my eye. :-)