Sunday 13 November 2016

the stars are aligning!


I've always been a big fan of scrappy quilts
and making my 'sweetstar' quilt fun & scrappy is what this quilt is all about for me!
I guess each block is kinda like a mini-quilt, with different color and fabric combinations.
Here's a few progress photos...





using my trusty {v. old} Bernina at present
as my Janome machine has gone in for a bit of R&R ... {sigh} again ...




some special fabrics are going into this ...









and I love how useful these itty bitty Denyse Schmidt prints have been ...




a little block combo ...


 

yes, yes, yes, my stars are getting aligned ...

... slowly!

Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here 

16 comments:

Karyn said...

Very pretty. As usual.

Unknown said...

Lovely stars! I love your color choices. I started to do stars from scraps too. I love the background fabric you use,works so beautifully!Anneli from chromatobalomata.wordpress.com

Julie said...

Looking very pretty and feminine - you are a whizz at scrappy!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I have the same trusty Bernina! I love those blocks and fabrics. This quilt is going to be another lovely finish. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Rachaeldaisy said...

For some reason I thought you were hand piecing your stars so it was interesting to see that you're machine piecing them. You always use such wonderful fabrics!

pandchintz said...

Yum!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those stars are definitely fun and sweet! You have such a way of putting those pretty fabrics together! Do those stars require Y seams? I haven't had to do those much - so I'm a little fearful of them!

PaulaB quilts said...

Those lovely florals and the touchs of black are great in your combinations. Keep up the good work!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you! I love that it's taking me a while actually... somehow over time different fabrics, old & new, have found their way into this quilt!

Kaja said...

Some lovely combinations!

gayle said...

Your stars are so beautiful!

Ann said...

A charming vintage feel. I like how you cut the plaid triangles just a little bit off grain.

Kate said...

Very pretty! Love the vintage vibe you've got going one with these stars.

Raewyn said...

Growing growing and looking lovely :-)

Miaismine said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm pinning this one and adding it to my Quilty Dreams 2017. Is it EPP?

Miaismine said...

Duh! Silly me! Didn't you say you were using your Bernina? :)